We accomplish our mission by:
(1) Serving as a “clearing house” of information by developing and sharing a large information data base with our visitors, subscribers, and others.
(2) Publishing on-line, real-time, news reports translated from original Russian sources, statistics, expert analyses, terrorist profiles, and related research materials.
(3) Featuring books, reviews, RETWA and visitor submitted articles and news analyses.
(4) Sponsoring, facilitating, and participating in media events, conferences, roundtables, and the exchange of counterterrorism practitioners.
(5) Providing information and security briefings, training, resources, and other services.
Our customers are global policymakers, analysts, business leaders, academics, students, and the general public.
Dr. Paul Murphy is the founder and director of RETWA. He is a former senior U.S. counterterrorism official, professor, and congressional advisor who lived, worked, and traveled in Russia and Central Asia from 1994-2004.
Dr. Murphy studied in the former Soviet Union; worked with Russian State Duma deputies on Russia-U.S. counterterrorism cooperation; and lectures on national security, terrorism, Russian foreign policy, and international business at universities in the United States, Australia, and Russia.
He also appears on television and radio in the United States and abroad, and is the author of five books, including Wolves of Islam: Russia and the Faces of Chechen Terror, (Brassey's Inc., 2004); The Soviet Air Forces (McFarland Publishers, 1984); Brezhnev: Soviet Politician (McFarland Publishers, 1982) and books on the Soviet Navy and business training.
Dr. Murphy is also RETWA’s chief translator.
L. Mitchell is the Communication Consultant for RETWA. Ms. Mitchell has a Masters Degree in Public Relations. She lived and worked in Russia for five years, and has consulted with many businesses and non-profit organizations on communications and public relations strategies in the U.S. and in Russia.
© Copyright 2005 Russia-Eurasia Terror Watch. All rights reserved